Tomorrow marks the 120 days that Kundan Box has been live, and these past four months I have been able to create friendships and relationships that I did not think would be possible. It wasn’t until I had more than I care to admit customers say “sorry, didn’t catch your name” that I realized I was basically anonymous. Having missed the bandwagon on the Instagram trend of posting the face behind the brand. I thought today would be a good day to formally introduce myself and put a face to the Instagram dms.
As most of you know, my name is Anisha and I am the owner and sole employee of Kundan Box. These past couple of months have been exhilarating with a few ups and downs with the ongoing pandemic.
I am currently 25 years old and I have a Bachelors degree in Sociology from UBC. Having my own passion project isn’t something that I had envisioned for myself. Yes I had the CEO dreams that everyone has: amazing, high power position, with the car and shoes to match and taking over the world single handedly. Then I along with most others, grew up. Went through highschool, university and sat in a rut thinking about what to do after graduation. Side hustle or passion project? Maybeee in twenty or thirty years.
Fast forward to September 2019, I was getting my lashes done by Jannet (@lashedbyjannet be sure to check her out) and was commending her on taking the risk and starting her own business; while being a student and working part time. I apprehensively told Jannet my idea; I had heard of other Indian subscription box companies, but between the horror stories or the inaccessibility of boxes that were catered to Americans, I found there was a huge hole in the market for Canadians.
After that appointment, I had my lashes done, and knew my company name, and was on a mission to find wholesalers. From November to February, I was got caught up in Graduation, Christmas, and quietly starting Kundan Box which brings us to now!
Some quick facts about me:
- I love sushi and pizza (or any carb for that matter)
- Chaa is life
- I’m 5’0
- Sucker for rom-coms
- Suits on Netflix is my go to show
- Cactus > Earls
- White nails > every other colour (it’s honestly a problem at this point. The lady at the salon always says “Nisha, pick a colour, no white”)
I cautiously asked my friends how they would describe me, and have chosen to share the following:
I feel like I need to send thank you notes to my friends 😭
Throughout this quarantine, I have been binging on Netflix. Some of the series I have finished are:
- Jane the Virgin –> this was the most frustrating show I have watched, though it did make for some good twitter content
- Modern Family –> after seeing episodes here and there, I’m glad I was able to watch the entire series consecutively
- Never Have I Ever –> was so relatable, despite the 8 year age gap difference
- Family Karma (Hulu) –> Anisha was my favourite 😂😉
- Keeping up with the Kardashians (Hulu) –> my go-to makeup look is now a brown smokey eye for the summer
So now that I have revealed myself as a Netflix addict, here are a few of my other hobbies
- Organizing (Marie Kondo is revolutionary and brings me joy)
- Shopping (that counts right? Except I’m that one person who isn’t a fan of online shopping with the exception of Amazon)
Well that’s me in a nutshell. Hope that helps since I’m not trying to be anonymous!
As always you have any questions feel free to send us a dm @kundanbox on Instagram or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org